Data Visualization Tableau Developer
The Data Visualization Developer at Frontier Science is responsible for designing and developing reports that present information visually using charts, graphs and infographics and other pictorial diagrams. The developer will collaborate with various internal staff to translate descriptive and analytic specifications utilizing Tableau and other Business Intelligence tools to produce these visualizations. They will convert datasets into an interpretable visual depiction which will contribute to understanding study populations, data flow and health-related outcomes and will aid in effectively managing projects.
Location: Amherst, NY
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing Tableau deliverables across multiple ongoing projects
- Translate analytic requirements into technical specifications to create easily interpretable and appealing data visualizations and interactive dashboards in Tableau
- Transform, integrate, and model clinical trial and observational study participant data into visual dashboards and reports which provide meaningful information to internal staff and external collaborators
- Combine datasets from multiple sources and create visualization to identify trends and patterns
- Develop technical documentation and create functional and UAT test cases
- Utilize internal project management software (Agility) to track Tableau development and deliverables
- Prepare process documentation for Frontier Science Tableau users on interpretation of visualization metrics
- Lead introductory Tableau trainings for Frontier Science staff. Provide Tableau support, as needed.
Responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks within scope, as necessitated by business demands.
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Controls over position:
Work for the Data Visualization Developer will be assigned by the Director of Software Engineering, as well as Project Principal Investigators (PIs) and Frontier Science leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Tableau
- Solid understanding of relational databases, including SQL
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to translate analytic and descriptive study data requirements into technical specifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience with other Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with cloud based systems
- Familiarity with medical terminology and/or the health care industry
This position will be based out of the Amherst, New York office but consideration will be made for a full time remote employee. This is a stationary position that will require the employee to operate office equipment including a computer and printer.
A cover letter must be submitted to be considered for this position.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.