Frontier Science is looking for a Project Manager to join their Amherst, NY office to support our growing project portfolio! The Project Manager for Frontier Science is responsible for study management including planning, implementation and execution of contracted activities with industry and government-funded studies. Functionally responsible for keeping track of project commitments, new work requests, timelines and deliverables, as well as serving as point of contact for the sponsor, while working with the Project PI/Director to set priorities.
Location: This position will be assigned to the Amherst, NY office location but consideration will be made for a full time remote employee.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively manage multiple ongoing projects across Frontier Science;
- Responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with various Frontier Science departments and external collaborators;
- Review and identify project study requests and proactively respond to collaborators and respective team members in a professional manner;
- Responsible for developing and keeping a detailed project plan updated that continuously tracks requests, deliverables, priorities and barriers. This plan will be used to provide real-time updates and be used as a main communication tool amongst project staff and Frontier Science Leadership.
- Comfortable managing the tasks of software engineers, database administrators, data managers, IT personnel and other organizational departments and work groups as necessary;
- Provide efficient updates on project progress to the Project Director and/or Project PI;
- Recognize potential obstacles in successful project completion; develop innovative solutions to challenges;
- Identify, define, and document training requirements in LMS systems and ensure project level compliance with study specific training requirements and SOPs;
- Interact with all levels of staff to coordinate and execute study activities;
- Schedule, lead/participate in conference calls and meetings as needed; prepare agendas and minutes, track meeting action items and follow up on items until completed or resolved;
- Ensure process documentation and compliance with Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and procedures;
- Provide other project support, as required.
The responsibilities listed above are not a comprehensive list, and the employee may be asked to perform other professional tasks with reasonable consideration as necessitated by business demands.
Controls over position:
Work will be assigned by the Amherst Office Director, and as needed by other Frontier Science Leadership members in accordance with project needs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the role of a Project Manager
- Certified in the field of Project Management
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and excellent overall technical skills
- Knowledge of database concepts and formats
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of clinical trials/research studies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills and ability to quickly pivot between tasks
- Flexible schedule, which may include checking in on evenings and weekends to ensure effective communication and management of assigned tasks.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification.
Applications will be received through the ADP Workforce Now Career Center using the following link: ADP Workforce Now Frontier Science Career Center.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.